BELLSTech SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP) supports mid-career individuals to acquire industry-relevant tech skills to improve employability and pivot to the corresponding selected BELLSTech SCTP role in the Tech Sector.
• 3-9 months Classroom-based Training (Full/Part-time schedule available)
• 70% – 90% Course Fee Subsidies for eligible SG, PRs and LTVP+
• SkillsFuture Credit, UTAP and PSEA Funding eligible
• Career Advisory & Employment Facilitation Support
- Baseline subsidy of up to 70% of course fees.
- Enhanced funding subsidy of up to 90% of course fees for Singapore Citizens aged 40 years old and above under SkillsFuture Mid-Career Enhanced Subsidy.
- Additionally, individuals can use their SkillsFuture Credit (opening and top-up), Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) and PSEA (Post-Secondary Education Account) Funding to offset the balance course fees for SCTP.
- Additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of course fees for jobseekers with greater needs. Individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of following eligibility criteria:
- Long-term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
- Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare, Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
- Persons with Disabilities
(SCTP) Cybersecurity Professional :
(SCTP) Data Science Professional :
(SCTP) Blockchain Developer :
(SCTP) Full Stack Developer :
Class starts from 22.1.2024
Class starts from 8.1.2024
Class starts from 11.12.2023
Class starts from 13.12.2023
*Any latest update to schedules will be communicated via email or in-class.
1. What is SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP)?
SCTP is an initiative by SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) for mid-career individuals to acquire industry-relevant skills to improve employability and individual skills set to pivot into new sectors or new job roles. SCTP will also comprise career coaching component which program partner will offer or work with industry partner to offer job placement.
2. How will SCTP courses be conducted?
The SCTP courses are designed to help participants acquire industry relevant skills that can improve their employability and allow them to pivot to new sectors or job roles. The delivery modes of the course vary, while BELLSTech SCTP are conducted face to face for added facilitation with the trainers and group discussions with fellow classmates.
3. Will SCTP lead to job placements?
As SCTP operates on a Train-and-Place modality, BELLS Institute of Higher Learning will provide career advisory and work with industry partners to provide employment assistance to help trainees in their job search in relevant sectors or job roles. However, there is no guarantee of a job placement and trainees are encouraged to participate in all arranged career activities and events and be open to the job opportunities available.
1. Who is eligible for SCTP?
The SCTP is open to all Singaporeans and Singapore Permanent Residents who are looking for training opportunities to transit to a new sector or job role, so long as they can fulfil the Programmes minimum requirements and training commitments.
2. Are both unemployed jobseekers and individuals who are in employment but seeking career transitions eligible for SCTP?
Both unemployed and employed individuals can participate in SCTP courses, if they can fulfil minimum entry requirement and training commitments, including minimum attendance requirements and passing of assessments.
3. Can individuals who are recent graduates / undergraduates / NSmen apply for SCTP?
Trainees must be at least 21 years old (in the calendar year of programme commencement) to be enrolled into SCTP. Recent graduates / undergraduates / NSmen are welcome to apply for the programme, as long as they can fulfil minimum entry requirement and training commitments, including minimum attendance requirements and passing of assessments. As the SCTP is intended to help mid-careerists transit to new sectors or job roles, priority will be given to mid-career individuals.
4. Will trainees need to have certain minimum academic qualifications to sign up for the SCTP?
Trainees will be assessed by BELLS Institute of Higher Learning on their suitability for the selected courses prior to enrolment and academic qualifications will be one of the assessment criteria.
5. Will SkillsFuture Singapore (SSG) allow trainees, who have not managed to find a job after completing a course, take up another course under the SCTP?
Yes, trainees who did not manage to find a job after completing the SCTP course will be allowed to take another SCTP course. However, the trainees will be subjected to BELLS Institute of Higher Learning to assess on their suitability for the SCTP course. Hence, trainees are strongly encouraged to select SCTP courses based on their career development needs with the aim of securing gainful employment.
6. Are trainees allowed to take on part-time employment during the programme?
As the employment status of the learner is not an eligibility criterion for SCTP, there are no specific restrictions against trainees taking up part-time employment, as long as they continue to fulfil all the training commitments which include minimum 75% course attendance and the passing of all assessments.
7. Are company-sponsored individuals eligible for SCTP?
No, only self-sponsored individuals are eligible for SCTP.
Programme Fees and Funding
1. Do trainees have to pay for the SCTP? If yes, how much are the course fees and funding available?
Yes. The exact course fees vary depending on the type of course. Please refer to the price table under respective SCTP programs. Nevertheless, SSG will work with training providers to ensure that course fees remain affordable. The prevailing course fee funding rates for courses offered by SSG-appointed CET Centres will apply, i.e. eligible trainees will receive baseline funding of up to 70% of course fees, while eligible Singaporean trainees aged 40 years and above will receive enhanced funding of up to 90% of course fees under the SkillsFuture Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy. In addition, individuals who are eligible for the additional course fee funding support will receive up to 95% course fee funding for the SCTP courses. Trainees can also use the SkillsFuture Credit and Additional SkillsFuture Credit (Midcareer Support) to offset the balance course fees.
- Baseline Subsidy – Eligible Singapore Citizens and PRs must attain at least 75% training attendance and passed all associated assessments to be eligible to enjoy up to 70% of the course fee. Learners will have to bear the full courses fee upon failure to meet either one of the requirements.
- Mid-career Enhanced Subsidy (MCES) – Singapore Citizens aged 40 and above must attain at least 75% training attendance and passed all associated assessments to be eligible to enjoy subsidies up to 90% of the course fee.
2. Do trainees pay the full amount of nett fees upfront or at the end of the programme?
The nett fees are to be paid upfront before class commencement.
3. Can trainees use their SkillsFuture Credit and additional SkillsFuture Credit (Mid-Career Support) to offset the nett course fees?
Yes, all self-sponsored trainees can use their SkillsFuture Credit and Additional SkillsFuture Credit (MidCareer Support) to offset the nett course fees for SCTP.
4. What are the payment modes available?
Do inform BELLS Institute of Higher Learning so that the following payment methods could be arranged:
5. Are trainees allowed to use their Post-Secondary Education Account (PSEA) to pay for SCTP?
Yes, PSEA may be used. Subject to approval and eligibility.
6. Will trainees, who do not meet the minimum attendance requirement, fail the programme or drop out of the programme midway, be penalised or required to refund the course fee subsidy?
Trainees are strongly encouraged to complete all modules under a SCTP to fully benefit from the intent of the programme. Similar to existing requirements for other training grants administered by SSG, trainees must fulfil minimum attendance requirements and pass the assessments to qualify for course fee subsidies.
Trainees who are unable to meet these requirements, or exit the programme without a valid reason, may be asked to return the course fee subsidy that they have received, including any additional course fee funding support to the training provider.
Additional Course Fee Support
1. Who is eligible for the additional course fee funding support under SCTP?
The additional course fee funding support of up to 95% of the course fees for SCTP courses will be available for jobseekers with greater needs. To be eligible for the additional course fee funding support, individuals must be Singapore Citizens and meet one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Long term unemployed individuals (unemployed for six months or more); or
- Individuals in need of financial assistance – ComCare Short-to-Medium Term Assistance (SMTA) recipients or Workfare Income Supplement (WIS) recipients; or
- Persons with Disabilities.
2. How can I apply for the additional course fee funding support?
Do inform BELLS Institute of Higher Learning if you meet the eligibility criteria for additional course fee funding support. The additional course fee funding support will be applied if you fulfil the eligibility criteria.
3. Can trainees apply for the additional course fee funding support if he/she meet the eligibility criteria midway through the program?
As SCTP is conducted in modular format, you will be eligible for the additional course fee funding support based on the course start date of each module under a SCTP. There will not be any retrospective funding given.
Example: Trainee has completed modules 1 and 2 and assessed to be eligible for the additional course fee funding support from the course start date of module 3. The additional course fee funding support will apply for module 3 and remaining modules under the SCTP. However, retrospective additional course fee funding support will not be given for modules 1 and 2 which the trainee has already completed or attained.
4. Fees and Refund Policy
Fees and Refund Policy
The fees differ across course offerings and are subjected to subsidies under SkillsFuture credits and SkillsFuture funding.
The payment terms and conditions apply to Trainees who provide for any payment made to BELLS Institute of Higher Learning Pte Ltd (BELLS). By authorising a payment to the afore mentioned company, it would be treated as an act of acceptance to the fees and refund policy as listed below.
- The payment details supplied at the time of course application is processed by the payment gateway of the service provider and not by BELLS. It is the sole responsibility of the Trainees to ensure that the information entered in the relevant fields are correct. It is recommended that Trainees should retain a copy of the transaction for record keeping purposes, which may assist in resolution of any disputes which may arise.
- Trainees acknowledge, agree, understand, and confirm that his/ her personal data including without limitation details relating to payment transactions transmitted wirelessly or via the internet may be susceptible to misuse, hacking, theft and/ or fraud which BELLS has no control over such matters.
- BELLS and/or respective Payment Service Providers shall not be liable for any inaccuracy, error, or delay in, or omission of:
- any data, information or message or;
- the transmission or delivery of any such data, information or message or;
- any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by any such inaccuracy, error, delay or omission, non-performance, or interruption in any such data, information or message.
- Under no circumstances shall BELLS, its employees, directors, and its third-party agents involved in processing, delivering, or managing the services, be liable for any consequential damages, or any damages arising out of or in any way connected with the provision of any payment services or resulting from unauthorised access or alteration of data transmissions or arising from suspension or termination of the service.
- The Trainee agrees that BELLS or any of its employees will not be held liable for any loss or damages arising from his/her use of, or reliance upon the information contained on the website, or any failure to comply with these terms where such failure is due to circumstance beyond BELLS’ reasonable control.
- The payment details provided by Trainees during payment must be correct and accurate and that he/she shall not use a payment account that is not lawfully owned by him/ her or the use of which is not authorized by the lawful owner thereof. They must also agree and undertake to provide correct and valid payment details.
- BELLS may share personal information of Trainees with its bankers or auditors for clearing necessary fees payments.
- Fees will not be refunded at any point once the class has commenced.
- BELLS reserves its rights to amend these terms and conditions at any time without giving prior notice.